AAUW Empowers Women
AAUW has been empowering women as individuals and as a community since 1881. For more than 130 years, we have worked together as a national grassroots organization to improve the lives of millions of women and their families.
- $4.3 million awarded in fellowships and grants to support 278 women in their professional and academic careers in 2012 alone.
- 1,200 congressional office visits to protect college access and affordability, reauthorize VAWA, prevent bullying and harassment, pass the Paycheck Fairness Act, and eliminate workplace discrimination.
- 140 college campuses reached with $tart $mart salary negotiation workshops.
AAUW Hill Country Branch
AAUW Hill Country Inc. was organized in 1954 as the Kerrville Branch. It is dedicated to providing information about women’s issues meaningful to our members’ everyday lives. Our branch focus has two components. External activities such as Expanding Your Horizons are organized to inform and support women and girls in our community. Internal activities focus on interest groups that enhance the lives of our members. The branch is a 501(c)3 organization so branch dues and donations are tax deductible.
AAUW Hill Country Branch Objective
The AAUW Hill Country Branch objective is to provide programming of interest to our membership with more member interaction. Opportunities for members to get to know each other, especially new members, are planned to create friendlier general meetings. Support for EYH, our graduate study scholarship, and interest groups will continue.
AAUW Hill Country Branch Vision
AAUW Hill Country is actively committed to making a positive impact on the lives of women and girls in our community. Focus Areas are: Education, Membership, and Advocacy.
Monthly meetings are held
on the 1st Saturday of the month,
September through May, at 10 a.m.
in the River Room
Cailloux Student Activity Center
2100 Memorial Blvd.
10:00—Coffee and Registration
Click here for map of Schreiner University
Map of Schreiner University
Click here for more program information.
AAUW Hill Country will focus on four important service activities:
• Expanding Your Horizons – annual one day conference for area middle school girls held at Schreiner University. The objective is to make each girl aware that she can choose a career in math or science.
• Local Graduate Student Scholarship – This year two scholarships will be awarded to deserving women who are pursuing graduate degrees.
• Human Trafficking Project – Educate our members and the community about the issues surrounding human trafficking.
• Support of Hill Country DARES and the local Women’s Crisis Center.
Branch members enjoy the opportunity to share common interests in several group activities:
• Bridge – Day and Evening
• Book Study – Day and Evening
• Great Decisions
Click below for more interest group information.